The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

workin on the count down*


*apologies to the Clash

what are ya gonna do now?

when you ran the race you thought well I am hot shit now
working on the count down
then the next day taxol shot and now its back to OW
workin on the count down

well you've only got one more
now can you believe it?
When you're doubled up on the floor
HOW can you believe it?

Now you look back and the one you thought you were is gone
working on the count down
no hair no eyebrows on your face is one big nasty frown
workin on the count down

well you've made it this far now
can you ever relax?
can you pause reset rewind,
can you get this time back?

Well for those of you who don't know the Clash's song "Clampdown", You'd best go out and listen to it right now. Or stay home and listen. It's a great song anyway, and it has been running through my head. So, what do I do to songs that I love? I bastardize them! Nothing is sacred. I would bastardize the St. Matthew Passion if I could hum it. Fortunately for the high-brows, I am too low-brow to hum the St. Matthew passion. And why is it called "Passion" anyway? Like passion has something to do with hanging on a cross... Oh. well, maybe it does. I mean, see below.

Yes, I am at the countdown for chemo anyway (have a year of herceptin to look forward to). Thursday was my second to last taxol treatment, so, I am entering into the "pain cycle" even as I write. But, I ran this morning, and, altho chemo-ed, managed to keep to my holy SCHEDULE. Only one more taxol!

I'm psyched too, because in a couple of weeks, I have a REAL vacation. After my last taxol, gar and I are going down to Austin, Texas, and I'm going to run in the LiveStrong Challenge 5K. Should be fun. And very fun to be off of work for 2 weeks...

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Yeah one 1 left!!
    re the last comment, I didn't say you were NICE or anything...
    Austin is awesome. let me know if you want some yummy restaraunt recommendations.
    cheers

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger abigail said…

    heh, yeah NICE isn't a quality i am often accused of possessing...

    I'd love some restaurant recommendations for Austin. Although I have family in deepest darkest brownsville tx, I do not know Austin at all.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Lingual X said…

    Hi Abigail,

    I wanted to let you know that this post was nominated & selected for the Carnival of Feminists. You can check out the Carnival at http://www.fervidus.typepad.com.

    Thanks for your brave story. We're cheering for you!

    Lingual X

     

Post a Comment

<< Home