The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

i want a new drug

Today was taxol day number one. Taxol's side fx are supposed to be less than those of AC, at least in terms of nausea. Taxol is supposed to cause you to be achy, and have numb fingers and toes if you take enuff of it (but i've only got 4 sessions, so shouldn't happen) I do not want numb fingers and toes. That would interfere badly with my running and my violin playing...(insert old joke here...doctor, will I be able to play the violin after this?....) NO i don't play violin, thanks for asking. Just wanted to see if u were paying attention, all 4 of you. And you know who you are.

Also, with taxol, one is pumped chock full of steroids. It seems a shame to waste these precious drugs and I feel as if I should go hang out in the weight room of the gym, oiling myself. Pass the creatine, Anders. At any rate, I ran 3.18 miles this a.m. In fact, this week for the first time since surgery, I've done 3 cardio days in a row, tuesday I ran 3miles, weds I did stationary bike and rowing, and today I ran. Almost human.

As my 4.5 readers may be aware, I have not been blogging much recently. After viewing "the spy who shagged me" today at my chemo session (yeah they show movies....NOT! I brought in my laptop and borrowed one), I can tell you exactly what my problem is.

I've lost my mojo. My mojo ain't workin. And when my mojo goes, the word ceases to befriend me. The word won't descend from on high (or down low, in the case of most mojo), the pun won't engage, the witticism won't crackle, the madness won't ignite, the ridiculous won't be obvious and the sublime won't come near. I am de-Henry Millerized. My aspergian nature reverts to its pre-verbal state. I start to peer at things and rock a bit. I do not want to write.

and, having written, don't want to put it up for all to read. I am mojoless.

has anyone out there seen my mojo?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    I hear ya. Maybe between the two of us we can muster enough mojo for one person. Although, sweet lor, even low on the mojo you've got more wit and writing ability than pretty much everyone. Hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home