The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

revelicious


Yesterday, I had acupuncture for the first time.

Last night I dreamed that my hair grew 6 inches in one night, and that it was beautiful and I liked it, and tossed it around like I wuz some hottie movie stah, all the while pouting and preening. My doctors all wanted to perform hot and cold running tests on me, due to my anomalous hirsutistic aspect, but the tests they wanted to perform turned out to be having me eat different cheese plates from progressively more nouvelle and cutting edge restaurants, driving me around in a shameless and spotless SUV, and introducing me to a calico, yoga-master rabbit who waived his gorgeous little arms at a giant, red, climbing rosebush whilst eyeing the SUV in enlightened disdain.

All this took place in the lush, wet, superfertile, hyperreal Engligh countryside of 1970s Masterpiece theater, or perhaps Wallace & Grommit. The hospital was a bed and breakfast, charmingly rustic. When I visited the bathroom, I preened and pouted in a cracked, filigreed 18th century mirror. "I think I'll keep my hair like this" I told myself, and smiled.

I awoke bald, grey faced, and tired.

Reality bites.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home