The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sick o' dis

I am mightily sick of chemo, and cancer and everything that goes with it. I don't wanna hear about it, don't wanna think about it, don't wanna see it, don't wanna talk about it. It must be day three: the bad day.

It is a good day to be Italian. It's a good day to be young, energetic, wild, rich, happy. It's a good day to be running. To be careless. To be going fast. To feel the wind in your hair and all that crapola. To be ravenous! To run into the pounding surf with your clothes still on. All that car/beer/shampoo/fragrance-ad shit.

The people around me want to live normal lives. I'm too freakin tired for normal life. Friends want to eat delicious food in shiny new restaurants. I can't tolerate even thinking about food. My cats even want more than I can give right now. They want rides on my back and chase games. I just want to lie in a heap.

I am mightily sick o' dis. I hate cancer.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I don't want a normal life. I don't want to eat food in shiny restaurants. I walked past several shiny restaurants today full of shiny people watching shiny big screen TV's waiting to see which euro-trash gang is King of the Wusses. I can't imagine sitting in one of those restaurants. Unless you were paying.

    Just cuddle with the cats. They understand. Purring is known to extract negative energy.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    ...me too. I hate f'ing cancer and everything that goes with it.

    Some days suck. I'm having a bad day too.

    In sympathy,
    Barb

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger mcuster said…

    I'm sorry, I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing too. Only thing I can say is that it will get better and it won't last forever. My last round of chemo went a little better so I guess I can't complain too much. Sometimes life sucks. I don't know if life every goes back to normal after cancer but you'll be back to running in the surf with your clothes on. It just might not happen for a few months. http://mcuster.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep to all of that. But, nobody talks about the husbands. Mine is hurting. He counts too. His life is not normal either. Right?

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caution: hate and exercising can be harmful for cancer!

    Bad time for you, but worse for the big C.

    Keep on fighting and you'll be running in the surf too.

    Andre

     

Post a Comment

<< Home