The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

wigging out/FX update

This is me trying to tell you that CHEMO IS FUN! (heh. don't buy it!!)

Seriously tho, there is fun to be had, namely in trying on wigs. I went to a wig store called Tiffany Wigs
which not only takes insurance cards, but is run by a woman who used to style the B-52s' hair!


This may not thrill some of you, but it thrilled me all to hell. I mean, conservative is easy, beehives are HARD.

However, I did get a good, serviceable, short blond wig that looks a lot like my hair when it's straightened. Fine and good, everyone happy.

But, damned if i didn't want that long one....sigh...

Ok, on the FX front:
day one -- friday: Not much in the way of FX. Some nausea, some loss of appetite. At work I seem fine, just a little physically weak.

day 2 -- sat: Lots of nausea for me. So far that's the biggest side effect of chemo. Anti-nausea meds don't really cut it. No vomiting, but a queasiness like a bad hangover, food grosses me out. I manage to run 2 miles and buy a wig, then i crash.

day 3 -- sun: today i feel crappy, but not as nauseated. I can eat, but I'm pretty weak and tired. there's this weird wooziness I don't like. It's still reminicent of bad, mixed-drink, hangovers, although mercifully without the headache... Today I'm gonna walk a bit, do some yoga and laundry, and otherwise take it eaaaasy...

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. In that wig you look just like Jennifer Aniston. Spooky.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Cool wig. Everyone says mine looks better than my "real" hair (who has time to get highlights when the hair's actually on your head?) I'm thinking of you and hoping that you've transitioned from the yuk to the good week.
    best
    cn

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger abigail said…

    yeah, too bad i didn't get that one. Me looking that good would seriously disturb the space time continuum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home