The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

snatching victory from my teeth --or, the tooth fairy comes at last

Finally, some good news. My teeth are fabulous, great, wonderful and splendid! Well, ok, there is a chipped one, and some plaque build up, but other than that, I have a very healthy mouth.


I'd been reading all kinds of horror stories about chemo and teeth, and so, in a state of even more panic than usual, I made an appointment with the BF's dentist for a check up. Now, lest you think this is a run of the mill event, I haven't been to a dentist in, oh....let me see, TWENTY-FIVE YEARS sounds about right...

Thus, it was with some fear and trembling that I approached the now unfamiliar white room filled with things that go scrape-scrape and drill-drill and whir-whirr. But, all was well in toothland. Shocking eh?

Now, don't take this as carte blanche to ignore your own teeth. We can't all be as genetically blessed as I am.

My mouth should be bronzed....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home