The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

slough of despond


well, dammit, I hate to say it but I am STILL not feeling so great. So much for being one of those people who breezes thru chemo (uh, are there any of those???). Main SE is still exhaustion, and, the last two nights I added "inability to sleep" and "general malaise" to the FX brew. This is not a happy occurrence, since it seems that I will spend my precious summer dragging myself blankly and tiredly from home to work and back home again...

SIGH. poor, poor me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Ergh. Ambien is your friend. I didn't sleep for 2 weeks until I finally asked and found out I wasn't insane and it was the chemo keeping my exhausted body awake. I'm sorry you're still not feeling good... but you're running? wow.
    Thinking of you. wish I could transmit energy to NY.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Came by to check up on you. :) I don't know if there is anyone out there that breezed through chemotherapy but I can tell you I don't think I have ever gotten more anger than when my oncologist looked me in the eyes and said with a straight face, "I have patients who ask if I am even giving them any chemotherapy drugs in their IV because they don't feel any different." I was a newbie back then and she made me feel like some kind of failure for the nine day nausea, lack of sleep, and weakness after each round of chemo. I am mightly impressed you are still jogging! You go girl! Dalene

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger abigail said…

    heh, 9 day nausea. 'Bout sums it up, except I think mine was 6 days.

    The weirdest thing though was the inability to sleep!!! That threw me, because in all the stuff I read, all the message boards I went to, etc, everyone talked about sleeping and napping all day. I thought I was some freakazoid insomniac. Fortunately, you and Carolyn (see comment below) have convinced me I'm not the only one. ANd yes, Carolyn, Ambien is my best friend....

    Lor

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger abigail said…

    i meant, "see comment above"

    but, are there really directions in cyberspace???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home