The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I Browse


you browse
we all browse
for eyebrows.

Humiliation #356.8: the loss of eyebrows.

Now when my hair started falling out, I was not all that upset. I mean, I don't really like my hair, and I am no stranger to extreme styles, having sported both a mohawk and dreadlocks at different times during my youthful and not so youthful past. However, I was not prepared, in any way, shape or form, to lose my precious EYEBROWS.

I like eyebrows. Without them, my head looks like an elongated honeydew, or perhaps something even blander. I look like a real alien, not the pretty kind that you see on star trek, but one of those hairless, scary things that communicate by blasting you with some kind of disintigrating ray.

So, it is with great regret that I report that sure enough, my freakin eyebrows are making like chernobl and falling out (heh). I've literally got about 8 hairs left on each brow, and I mascara those like mad. I've taken to having to draw in little feathery hairs, which sometimes makes me look like gloria swanson in sunset boulevard.

now all I need's a turban. OOPS, i'm wearing one.

AAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger bmacpiper said…

    Ah, for fuck's sake, is there no dignity left? Just when it's got you down, a solid kick in the chops.

    Regardless of how you're really feeling, you are making at least one person out there laugh and admire you in your struggle. :)

    Hope you are hanging in there, and that the cough drugs are doing their thing.

    bmc :)

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger tollwaywarrior said…

    Lor,
    I'm not sure which has impacted your life more - cancer or "Blade Runner." Both will be with you forever, both require heavy drugs to appreciate, but only one has Harrison Ford.
    Ed

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Stacy said…

    I appreciate the time to write this post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home