The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Mass - X

No, i am not going to dis xmas. even ms. holiday-hater has a soft spot for the whole xmas frenzy, notwithstanding the fact that all of the ads, movies, tv shows and other hoopla raise expectations of the kind of xmas that never existed, and never could exist, for me, or anyone else I know.

But really, this year has been awful, and the crappiness has not quit in honor of the season. No, i just keep getting slammed. I'm still behind at work, and completely worried that I'm gonna get fired. My hair is growing back --- completely grey. I still have no time to do anything other than work and commute and sleep. I still don't get enough sleep. I'm still anxious and depressed most of the time. And to top it all off, I just got a nasty little cold, and took so much vitamin C today that I was in constant danger of crapping my pants, which would have sealed the deal, so to speak, of my unfitness for my current job.

However, I rise to the occasion from my pit of despond, to wish all of you, all my 4.5 readers, a joyful and splendid holiday season. At the risk of giving away my xmas card scheme...i submit the below, to prove that, while there is no god, there are at least cats in the world, and that, alone, is worth the price of admission.



Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    uh, I am not trying to cheer you up, or anything, but you will feel better. you just finished treatment. I'm talkin' about the big photo shot here, the pan-or-rama. you are a newbie newbie. you were supposed to let go of that control thing during chemo, haha. and the funky hair is a sign that good stuff is happening. I looked like a very, very old poodle, great-grandma poodle. the real stuff comes in next. feeling crappy and having bad hair is progress! Patrish

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger abigail said…

    heh! you did cheer me up. but, uh, WHAT control thing??? (heh)

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel like you do - and my hair is all gray too. How dare everyone be jolly at this time of year. I for one could do without all the hooplaw and the hot flashes and neuropathic hand pain that keeps me up at night. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger mcuster said…

    Merry Christmas Abigail. Please remember that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Marilyn
    Fellow cancer conqueror

     

Post a Comment

<< Home