The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Austin Powers

So I'm here in Austin Tx, home of squadrons of bats, round, friendly turtles, herons both blue and night, and the livestrong challenge. Since I was doing the Komen run, I didn't hit people up for donations to livestrong, but, i'm down here to run another 5k, this time in 90 degree heat (but, let's be fair, no hills, and, hey, no humidity...). So if any random stalkers, um, i mean lurkers, to this site wish to guarantee entry into at least the presence of whoever decides where you go after your final huff, scratch & rattle, please donate now. meo te absolvum (heh).

It is nice here, and i had a great run this a.m., along town "lake" which is actually a river. I saw all the aforementioned animals along the river, plus some very friendly feral felines, with big fluffy tails, who lured me off the trail and into some shaky looking back trails complete with rubble, derelict refuse piles, and vast, open-mawed, sewage seeping, pipes.

The ferals did not rob me, but looked at me inquisitively, and i'm sure accusatorily, knowing as they must, that i left my precious feline children at home (in the care of cat sitters and their granddaddy of course). They also caused a minor hallucination: as I ran, i looked over at a hanging branch of dead leaves and the way it was arranged looked like a small, pert, cheetah sitting on a lawn. It was not a cheetah however. Yet, I took comfort in the fact that on my run, I, the weak and crippled bald chemo toxin surfer that I am, was outpacing a bunch of folks. The cheetah's spirit musta done it. hope he does some overtime on sundays at the race.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home