The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

more merde

Well I may be being a whiney cry baby, but, since friday, when i had the surgery, I've gotten a fever, had the heating go out in my apartment, and, when i conscientiously checked in to my work phone, found a message from the office torquemada, wanting me to call him back on some job crappily done. I HATE my job. In fact, the word "hate" in the previous sentence should be red hot and dripping with toxins. I think my job is killing me.

So now i sit in a freezing apartment, because we had to open the windows due to the nasty gas smell from the blown heater, and, beside me sits a pile of work that i have to get done, which will probably also be below standards, and result in more torquemada calls, and all for what? I have to find a new job. I posted my resume yesterday on some of the lawyer sites. Since I can do little else, i guess I should just start looking now. I know a new lawyer job is probably and "out of the frying pan into the fire" thing, but, well, at this point I'm feeling kinda impulsive. I'd really like to get a non-law job, but don't really wanna go back to school, which I'd have to do for anything as lucrative as law. I mean, I like school, but I'd have to get another free ride, that's the only way i could justify it. And, what am i suited for? I mean, I know i am totally unsuited for an office job. Non office jobs tend to be either hard on the body or not very lucrative. I have no passions anymore, except for animals, and one PAYS to rescue/work with animals, one doesn't get paid, unless one is a vet.

Well, perhaps my 4.5 readers could offer me some suggestions. Given that I'm not young, not pretty, not a people person, and not likely to become one, absolutely not an office person or 9-5er, smart in an aspergian way and heavily autonomous, what do you suggest i do? (given the above description, about the only avenue open to me is "famous recluse"... how does one get paid for that? can ya help me out here?)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger abigail said…

    well, i hate working too. But, most especially i hate working for other people. I have authority issues as you may remember....

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry, but the famous recluse thing has some rather unsavory associations since Howard Hughes. I like the guy, but that's just me. okay, maybe you could find one of those rich cats-and I do mean the feline sort-who has inherited millions from their wealthy but unfortunately deceased owners, and be its attorney. huh? huh? it's the ultimate niche job...
    Patrish (yeah, from the bc board, guess I am out of the cyber closet, grin).

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and, btw, fred, if that is your name, I just cannot leave this unsaid any longer. if I EVER hear the word cuppycake again, I will burn your house down. retch. patrish

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cuppycake, cuppycake, cuppycake. nyah.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no no not that, anything but cupp....can't breathe, too much cup.......need insulin.....aaaggggghhhh!

    p.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home