The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

the challenge

yesterday i posted my one new years resolution over on bloggrilla and already i am regretting it. We had to work today despite the fact that good ole Ford was being memorialized, proving, once again, that there is no rest for the wicked (in whose ranks, as I have recently been informed, I most decidedly slouch, although probably not towards bethlehem).

Anyway, here's the deal folks. Normal every day posts such as this one will be posted on Bloggrilla, not here on CG, because, hey, CG is supposed to be about, uh, my battle with, and denial of, da disease. Posts about the upcoming reconstruction surgery, herceptin days, baldness, crapping my pants, gagging on my dental floss, wondering where my mojo went, etc., will be posted here on CG.

Thus, since i have nothing cancer related to say this by rights should go on bloggrilla, but since I'm to lazy to repost it, I'll just say that today I looked probably the worst that I've ever seen myself look, so much so that, as I was, self centeredly, stealing precious minutes from my job to go to the Y and indulge myself in a good old fashioned joust with several assorted cardio-machines (ok you have to know that I crave that like most people crave chocolate. probably more. Have you ever seen a junky twitch? Well watch me if I miss a day at the gym), I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in an ill-placed mirror and great merciful crap but I looked BAAAAAD and not in a good way. Grey face, huge bags under the eyes, frown permanently etched in mouth and chin area. unpleasant. See folks THAT's what cancer does to ya. But, there's always plastical surgery. And I then I can start a brand new blog about that....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home