The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Monday, June 11, 2007

blogblocked #2: the gag order

Well in case you're wondering what happened to blogblocked #1, it was a rather lengthy, albeit suitably vague rant about the "W" word (wardrobe? weather? weakness leaving the body? wankers? wonderland? witchy woman see how high she flie ie ies?) (hint: rhymes with jerk). Therefore, after consultation with my work/life balance consultant, in the form of the ex; i properly decided that the post could remain hidden for the duration of the current game, lest it surface and cause me dooce-like gainful employment issues in future.

so it sits in my drafts. And i gotta tellya, it is a beautiful piece of prose. A rant worthy of King Lear. An opus so magnum that it makes Henry Miller read like "fun with dick and jane" (oops, he may have actually written a few things involving dicks and janes and fun....). And I gotta also tellya, you may never read it...

But, someday, when the current times of troubles are over and done with, and we all are relaxing around the fireplace with port, warm toasty slippers, stories of battles won and lost, and a fine stilton molding gloriously before us, I may reveal it and stun you with my erstwhile brilliance. And if you weren't in love with me before, you will be after hearing what will be henceforth known as:

"the Lost Post"

And so it be.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi Abigail. I've been reading your blog in bits and pieces over the past several weeks. I have breast cancer and am getting ready to start AC in two weeks (which will then be followed by Taxol). Despite the time I've spent reading, I just now noticed that you got your JD at 45. I am a 2L and was on track to get mine at 43. It might be closer to 44 now. I'd love to talk to you more about your experience. You can find me at www.lawmom.net and at lawmom@gmail.com. Be well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home