The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

o holy crap!

It's 2008 already. And it took me exactly 2 days back at work to figure out that this is the year i need to figure out how the hell to make money without working a 9-5 (or 9-whatever) law job. Who am i kidding? It took me about 2 HOURS back to figure that out.

Any suggestions? Aristocratic Dilettante comes to mind, however I hear it doesn't pay terribly well. Crazy cat lady is another option, but ditto on the pay scale. Hmmm. maybe I'd better have a contest. As soon as I can figure out a suitable prize, the game is on, folks...the object being for YOU to come up with the best way for ex-cancer -grrl to make money, whilst avoiding an office and having enuff time to train and take care of multi-cats. Look for it in upcoming days...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cancer Grrrl, I've been reading your blog for some time now. I admire your courage, specially your sense of humor. My aunt died of breast cancer and that made the rest of the family conscious about it, enough to make my mother check herself. She was also diagnosed with breast cancer and we all had that situation on our hands again.
    She didn't had faith in doctors since they couldn't save her sister and started looking somewhere else, an old friend of her offered her a juice, made from an asian fruit called mangosteen.
    My mother is, as she calls herself "alive and kickin' more than she ever kicked before". She believes it's all thanks to the mangosteen juice, I'm a bit more skeptical but still accept the improvement she had due to it and thank for the product.
    Well, it turned out to be a business venture for her as well. The product moves through network marketing. Again, I've always been skeptic about that, specially since my mother has never been involved in the industry (she worked as an assistant lawyer to the founder of the firm she worked at) and could get back on her track, now cured, to achieve a partner status in that firm. I said she worked in past tense because she quit about a month ago and is already raking in more money than she did before.

    Well, in any case. Best of luck!
    Arthur Domenech
    don_skitnica@yahoo.com

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Prostate Cancer said…

    What a very amusing blog you have. Kudos to you for being able to come out of your cancer treatment with the grace and humor necessary for being able to overcome all of these challenges.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home