The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Friday, September 21, 2007

tri not II, putting cancer grrl to bed, and other assorted ephemera

This weekend I have my second attempt at a triathlon. This one is scarier because it isn't all hearts and flowers "you go, survivor" type deal. I guarantee you none of these peeps are telling each other "All that matters is that you finish". Sigh. Well, I may as well wake up to the reality of my mediocrity sooner or later. After all, I did majorly trash my body when I was a dancer, so what do I expect? (Meanwhile, Lou is happily trashing my favorite tri-sox...excuse me a moment...)

Back on track. Now, the second issue of the day is whether or not to retire cancer grrl and go back to being bloggrilla full time. I haven't decided. Since I have the tri this weekend, and some scans next week, I believe I owe at least 2 more posts. After that, we'll see. Once I finally doffed the wig for good, I started feeling less like cancer grrl and more like....well, less like cancer grrl.

Also, I guess I owe a Komen post, but haven't had the time to do any posting. The race was run, itwas not as much fun as last year, and the Ex and I were majorly late, so we had to run to the start of the run. But,we got lots of cool swag. Also, there was a very embarrassing incident mid-run which I have not decided whether or not to reveal on this blog....stay tuned...!

anyway, I have to stop lou from trashing my tri-bag. AT least I am a good gear-head, and organized enuff to bring all the requisite paraphernalia...

1 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats on all of your tri triumphs... Pretty amazing!

    Love your blog entries and look forward to more of them either on blogrilla or cancer grrrl!

    All the best to you,

    Shira
    www.choosingjoy.wordpress.com
    www.choosingjoy.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home