The Cancer Grrrl

one lawyer, one cancer diagnosis, one hell of a fight.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Honey: 1994 ? - October 3, 2007

I owe a few posts, and I promise I will update everything soon, but I have some sad news to report.

My little Honey died this evening. For those of you who don't know Honey's story, read it here. She wandered into my life this summer. We all knew she didn't have long, but she seemed for a while to be beating the odds.

At any rate, sometime between 8:30 and 9pm this evening, she wandered out of my life, as gentle as a sigh.

I miss her already.

"The crying's not for you my love,
The crying is for me,
These tears are nothing to you now
These tears you cannot see

but all the world and all the time
and all the stars and all the sky
are yours my love so do not fear
For I'm the one who's left behind"

Anon.

Journey well, little girl.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    When I was young, I experienced the death of our family dog. When I asked about the status of my dog's soul, my mother told me that there were no pets in heaven, that animals do not have souls as we humans have. I never considered that again until a couple of years ago when my son's fish died. He cried and cried and asked me if his fish was in heaven with God. Now, I'm not going to get into a theological discussion with a 4 year old in tears, but I do like to think that God is at work redeeming not only us but his creation as well. I like to think that heaven is about God making things whole again. Not only us and our bodies but all of the relationships we ever had. That includes the relationships we have with our pets. So is Honey in heaven? Oh yes...yes she is. And one day she will be redeemed to you along with everything else we've lost in this broken world.

    As my son slipped off to sleep that night, he spoke up as I left his room. He said, "Daddy, God's going to make everything all right isn't he?"

    "Yes he is son...yes he is."

    God bless.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger E. McPan said…

    I'm so sorry. I know you gave Honey the best care she could ever wish for. Hugs.

     
  • At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My pets mean eveything to me.... The sicker I got, the more pets I saved, if I were to loose any of them I would be crushed.... I'm so sorry you lost Honey *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home